Well, what a whirlwind of a holiday weekend. Today was a much needed day of rest.
We spent the actual holiday in Oskaloosa with Carly, the kids and her family. It was very nice to be around, what I consider, family. I have really missed Carly and Toby and Savanna have really missed Cayden and Camille!
We ate some good home cookin', visited and met some of her Iowan side of the family, as well as, the Californian side.. Her sister Angie and her family were there. They are all a very nice bunch of people. Arlon and Darrin (Angie's husband) enjoyed listening and watching some of the race while us girls chatted and took pics of the kids. We also all got to do lots of sparklers with the kids.
I have learned that Helena and Toby could have a tendency toward being pyromaniacs.... They really enjoyed the fire! Savanna enjoyed them, but was a little nervous by them and June Bug was just mesmerized and was relaxed and stared the whole time.
All in all, it was a fun time, but we are glad to be back home and in beds at a decent time. (Especially Jr... he loves his bed!)
Today was spent just hanging out around the house and doing chores. Although I did manage to sneak away and sit in the park and read my book ALONE, then I went to get groceries...
Well, that's all for now. Hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day and all of your loved ones are home safe.
Go to our photo album to see all the new pics.
~Mama Nik
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment